Greetings, BHS Wrestling Families,
Here is the weekend recap for all levels. Way to go BHS Wrestling!
Varsity won a close dual, 41-32 over Schaumburg on Thursday.
Freshman placed 2nd as a Team on Saturday at the Larkin Tournament! Nice work. Individual place winners were:
- Rocco Aliotto - 2nd
- Brennan O'Donnell - 1st
- Saul Ramirez - 1st
- Anup Baghri - 3rd
- Nader Sakka - 2nd
- Oliver Rosenzweig - 1st
- Rubin Engelmann - 1st
- Jacob Werner - 2nd
JV competed in the Lake Zurich JV Invite on Saturday. Individual placers were:
- 120 lbs - Jacob Llames - 2nd
- 126 lbs - Philip Mantatsky - 1st
- 126 lbs - Victor Albano - 2nd
- 132 lbs - George Voris - 2nd
- 138 lbs - Dylan DeLeon - 5th
- 182 lbs - Calvin Jackson - 5th
- 285 lbs - Raphael Abano - 5th
Varsity competed in the 56th Annual Rex Whitlatch Invitational at Hinsdale Central HS. BHS team placed 9th out of 25 teams. Individual placers were:
- 113 lbs - Jimmy Whitaker - 4th
- 138 lbs - Rhenzo Augusto - 6th
- 170 lbs - Jon Fier - 1st
- 195 lbs - Max Bradford - 5th
Schedule for this week:
- Monday - NO PRACTICE. All wrestlers should use this time to prepare for finals.
- Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday - Practice from 2:00-4:00pm
- Friday - Varsity at Deerfield for a Tri-Meet at 10:00am
- Friday - NO PRACTICE for JV and Freshman
- Saturday, Dec 24-Tuesday, Dec 27 - NO PRACTICE
Here is a reminder of the Holiday practice schedule:
- Wednesday, Dec 28, Thursday, Dec 29 and Friday, Dec 30 - Practice 3:00-5:00pm
- Saturday, Dec 31 - Practice 9:00-11:00am
- Sunday, Jan 1 and Monday, Jan 2 - NO PRACTICE
- Tuesday, Jan 3, Wednesday, Jan 4 and Thursday, Jan 5 - Practice 3:00-5:00pm
- Friday, Jan 6 - Wrestling Meet at Hoffman Estates HS at 6:00pm. ALL LEVELS
- Saturday, Jan 7 - All Levels have competitions at various locations.
The Calendar has been updated on the bhswresting website. This is a great resource to check if you have questions. It is found under the Team Tab and Calendar.
SAVE THE DATE: Senior Night is on Friday, January 13th at 6:00pm vs Palatine. Let's pack the stands to honor our Senior Wrestlers/Managers. All Senior Parents should be in attendace to walk onto the mat with their wrestler/manager.
SAVE THE DATE: Our Wrestling Banquet will take place on March 9th! More details to follow.
Yard Signs are expected to be delivered mid-week and sent home with the wrestlers that ordered them.
Please note if you are changing a Subway Order, please notify me prior to 2:00pm on the day before. The following are the remaining Subway ordering dates and I am reordering the majority of the orders per the original order/payment. All Levels on Jan 6th. Varsity only on Jan 20th.
Go BHS Wrestling!
Mat Club Secretary