Greetings BHS Wrestling Families,
First of all, THANK YOU to everyone that helped with the busy weekend! We could not have done it without you. All of your time, extra time and efforts are greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Congratulations to our 3 State Qualifiers! Individual Boys State Meet is this weekend in Champaign and Girls State Meet Feb 24/25 in Bloomington.
- Kaia Fernandez 2nd place at Sectionals. Photo album here
- Rhenzo Augusto 4th place at Sectionals Boys qualifiers here
- Jonny Fier 3rd place at Sectionals
Schedule for the week:
- Monday practice 3:45-5:45
- Tuesday practice 3:45-5:45
- Wednesday practice for 2 boys qualifiers before school at 6:30. Everyone else practice 3:45-5:45. Statebound group departs right after school.
- Thursday practice 3:45-5:45
- Friday practice 3:45-5:45
- Saturday TBD
Freshman/Sophomore State series dates and info
- IMPORTANT: Parents need to register and provide transportation for your athlete to these events. Info here
- If a wrestler needs a singlet they need to ask Coach Horcher and he will provide one to them.
- Regionals are Sunday, Feb 26th at Lake Zurich HS
- For those that qualify Sectionals are Sunday, March 5th at Lake Zurich HS
- For those that qualify the State Meet is March 11th-12th in Bloomington, IL
The Banquet is still set for Thursday March 9th at BHS. It will be held in the school cafeteria as the wrestling room will be being used for construction storage. More informatin to follow.
The Mat Club needs YOU! Please consider helping with one of the following positions for next year.
- Secretary - 2 year commitment. Primary roles are to take notes during the Mat Club Meetings, send out emails and assist the coaches with any tasks as needed. I am happy to help train someone before I leave as we finish the year.
- Team food organizer/distributor - This year we provided Subway and Einsteins bagels for the team. The team greatly enjoyed both this year! I have the contacts and information to share with the next volunteer.
- Ad book sales coordinator - Contact previous sponsors and verify continued support and level of sponsorship. Ideally this begins in September as the deadline is the first week of November.
- GoFundMe coordinator - Set up the GoFundMe page and work with the team to email out the link to family and friends. Time frame: November
- Senior Night coordinator - Purchase gifts (with Mat Club money) for all the senior wrestlers/managers. Order flowers for each of the senior families.
- Alumni Night and Youth Night welcome table volunteers
- End of season banquet planning committee
Everything the Mat Club does is to support and benefit the wrestlers, coaches and entire program. Please consider helping out. The more volunteers we have the less any one person needs to do alone.
Go BHS Wrestling!